- Something is wrong in a society where elders struggle because family members are incapable of providing care. Far too many of our elders suffer from social isolation and Neglect
- Unlike in many towns and counties in the United States, where seniors
- have institutions capable of meeting their daily needs, even for a short period, no such services exist in my hometown, Akokwa.
- Legend Afro-American Partners, trading online as ‘Elders Helping Hands,’ offers older people in Akokwa the respect, the care and the dignity they have earned and deserve.
- Akokwa is a quiet, peaceful Village in Imo state, Nigeria. We have caring staffs ready and eager to lead the way in helping our forgotten seniors. Many elders in Akokwa have already benefited from our program.
- Our team helps with lots of tasks, Including:
- Assisting with bathroom trips
- Washing clothes, and dishes
- Sweeping rooms
- Maintaining safe environment
- Providing companionship, etc
- One of the elders we visited did not need help with chores at the moment but just needed company. The staff stayed with him as he shared his experiences and words of wisdom. As they were about to leave, the senior wanted to know when they will come back.
- Your donation will help expand our program to many parts of the state and also to visit more elders more frequently. Our longer term project is to build a recreation center for our seniors.
- Imagine how amazing it would be to see our parents and grandparents hang out with their peers, putter in the garden, play board games, do a little light work, dance to their favorite music and always have someone to share their stories with!
These sponsor packages pay for 2 “Helping Hands” companions to visit an elder
- $20: Fine: 1 visit for 1 week
- $40: Awesome: 1 visit per week over a 2-week period
- $60: Generous: 1 visit per week over a 3-week period
- $80: Magnificent: 1 visit per week over a 4-week period
- $1000: Legacy: 1 visit per week over a 52-week (1 year) period
- If you share our goals, if you understand our grief and its urgency, please join us on this lifetime journey and donate
For more information, visit the links below.
If donating by check or money order,
Mail donations to:
Legend Afro-American Partners, Inc.
3715 Main Street, Suite 403
Bridgeport Ct. 06606
LAAP is a nonprofit organization with 501 [c] 3 statuses, and all donations are tax-deductible.
Chibuike Anyoha MD